Singing Butterfly Adornments
Darcel Kirvan – An Independent Close to my Heart Consultant
Pleated Skirt Fold/Drapery Fold (May 2016)
- Scoring board & tool - paper cutter (that can cut wide, angled pieces)
- Double sided 12/12 sheet of patterned cardstock (for skirt fold)
- Card bases (A2 ideal size) or cardstock to make the base - Pencil and eraser - Adhesive of choice
- To decorate: other papers, stamps and inks of choice, ribbon, shimmer trim or washi tape, other accessories
Use an A2 card base (4 ¼” x 5 ½”) – vertical orientation.
1. Choose a 12” x 12” double sided patterned cardstock. Ideally it should have a medium or large print on one side and a small print on the back.
2. Cut the patterned cardstock at 7 ¾” x 3”.
3. On the right side of the paper, make a mark 1¼” down from the top corner. On the bottom of the paper, make a tick mark 3” from the left corner.
4. Cut the paper from mark to mark to create the angle.
Scoring and Folding Instructions
5. Score the paper with the long uncut side at the top. Score at: 3”, 3 ½”, 5” and 6 1/8”.
6. Fold the paper accordion style on the score lines, back and forth.
Working backwards from right to left: (starting with the score line closest to the shortest side of the paper) mountain fold, valley fold, mountain fold, valley fold.
7. Put some adhesive on the back of each pleat to hold the pleats together.
8. Attach the pleated skirt fold paper to your card base in the desired location.
9. Decorate card as desired.
Alternate – Card size 6.5” x 5” – horizontal orientation
- Double sided cardstock – cut 10” x 3”.
- Mark 5” on bottom side, mark 1 ½” down on right hand side. Cut on angle from one mark to the other.
- Score at 5”, 5 ½”, 7” and 8 1/8”.
- Use previous directions to assemble.