Singing Butterfly Adornments
Darcel Kirvan – An Independent Close to my Heart Consultant
Circle Telescoping Card
- Circle punches, die cuts or circle cutters
- Plain or patterned cardstock
- Brads (2-3 per card)
- Piercing tool or scissors
- Stamps and inks
- Decorative elements of your choice
1. Cut three circles (each successively 1” smaller than the previous circle.)
Recommended sizes: Rear: 5”, Middle: 4” and Top: 3”.
2. If you want to add decorative layers to each level, cut circles ½” smaller than the base sizes.
Recommended sizes: Rear: 4 1/2”, Middle: 3 ½”, Top: 2 ½”
3. Decorate each layer as desired with stamped images, die cuts or other embellishments.
5. Turn the middle circle upside down and place it on top of the bottom layer. This alignment is the most difficult step in making these types of cards.
6. Use the hole in the middle circle as a guide for placement of the hole in the bottom layer. Pierce a hole in the bottom layer.
7. Attach the middle and bottom layers together by inserting a brad through the two holes.
8. Pierce a hole in the bottom of the smallest/ top circle.
10. Use the hole in the smallest/top circle as a guide for placement of the hole at the top of the middle layer. Pierce a hole in the middle layer.
11. Attach the smallest/top layer to the middle layer by inserting a brad through the two holes.